During the second day of the Smart City Expo World Congress, we will present the publication of the Metropolis Observatory: "Financing metropolitan infrastructure and public services". The author of the document, Ms. Enid Slack (Professor at the University of Toronto), will talk to us about finance but with a metropolitan perspective, analysing the current situation, the challenges that it poses to us, as well as the proposals for action that are included in the publication.
Morning (9h-12h30) –Room 1.4 in the CC1
9h30 - 9h45 Session Opening
- Mr. Ramon Torra, Metropolitan manager of the Metropolitan Area of Barcelona (AMB)
- Mr. Eugeni Villalbí, Project officer of Metropolis Observatory
- 9h45 – 10h30 Public presentation of issue paper 7: “Financing metropolitan public policies and services” by Ms. Enid Slack, Director of Institute on Municipal Finance and Governance and Adjunct Professor Munk School of Global Affairs, University of Toronto
10h30 - 11h50 Round table discussion with representatives of the academic world, international organizations and Metropolis members.
- Mr. Serge Allou, Local Finance Technical Advisor, UCLG. Moderation and presentation of the "UCLG Strategy on Localizing Financing for Sustainable Urbanization"
- Ms. Mabel Vargas, Secretaria Municipal de Finanzas - La Paz
- Mr. Miquel Rodríguez, IESE International Business School, PPP-Cities
- Mr. Eric Ardouin, Directeur Général – Métropole et Ville de Bordeaux
- Mr. Juan Voelker, Finance Director of Montevideo
- Mr. Antti Moisio, OCDE-World Observatory on Subnational Government Finance and Investment
- Mr. Gérard Wolf, Président de la Task Force Ville Durable de MEDEF International (TBC)
11h50 – 12h Closing
- Mr. Octavi de la Varga, Metropolis Secretary General
> Fira Gran Via, Room 1.4 in the CC1
You can read the concept note by clicking here.
For further information, please contact mr. Eugeni Villalbí, Project Officer for Metropolis Observatory.
With the support and collaboration of: